Sunday 2 October 2011

Who's THAT Girl? - Amelia Buxton

So this is a new feature that I thought I'd try out on you guys... It's called 'Who's THAT Girl?' and basically the whole idea is that I'm going to scout out girls who I think are beautiful, strong, intelligent, full of personality, and most importantly, have a killer wardrobe!

As this is my first of this type of post, I've been lucky in that I haven't had to look far for my girl crush... incest-ually enough, it's my little sister Amelia Elsie. She is just 15 years old and yet her sense of style is way beyond her years. With a kind of hippy-grunge look she definitely breaks style barriers and meshes staple items from each season's collections into a messy, envy-inducing, killer cool outfit and I absolutely love it!
I had a quick interview with the chic chick herself and here's what she said!

gabriellasofia: How would you describe your style?
ameliaelsie: I don't know... perhaps high-street bohemian.
gabriellasofia: Nice! We love to hear about a girl rocking a cheap look :) So what are your top three favorite high
-street stores?
ameliaelsie: TOPSHOP! Definitely always Topshop. Then I love Urban Outfitters too, and probably American Eagle as it's super laid-back.
gabriellasofia: Mmm I love AE too. Now, how about style icons? Who inspires you?
ameliaelsie: I don't really have 'style icons'... Vanessa Hudgens looked good at the Coachella festival this year... She had on a pair of denim shorts, and cropped-crotchet top with face-paint on and lots of miss-matched jewelry, with beads, feathers and lots of colors. I like the style that Gillian Zinser (Ivy from 90210) is often working. Very boho and comfy-looking. Apart from that I usually get my outfit ideas from the fashion shoots in Nylon
magazine.


gabriellasofia: That's funny because I think you look a lot like Vanessa Hudgens! Moving on. What are your ultimate fashion pet hates?
ameliaelsie: I'm just going to say it: I hate Ugg boots. Big confession right? I've just never really liked them because once a chav tries to pull off an item, you know it probably wasn't that unique to begin with!



gabriellasofia: That's so true! I hate when people wear worn out Ugg boots so they're standing on the fabric as well as the sole... know what I mean?
ameliaelsie: *Nods manically*
gabriellasofia: So what sorts of shoes DO you like?
ameliaelsie: I'd go for kind of like, boyfriend style shoes. Like Reeboks and Doc Martens. They're really comfy, although I do like heels when the occasion demands them.
gabriellasofia: And what's your favorite piece you own?
ameliaelsie: My leather jacket! It goes with anything and pulls a look together.

ameliaelsie: Perhaps... My main make-up item is black eyeliner but I don't like to use it in a gothic way, more i gabriellasofia: Is your beauty style as 'rock chick' as your jacket?
n a smudgy, edgy way. It helps to define my eyes. Apart from that I don't really use much make-up at all!
gabriellasofia: Unlike your pretentious older sister... Finally, if you could design an outfit for Autumn/Winter this year, plus make-up, what would it be?
ameliaelsie: Well, it would be a night-out outfit. I'm thinking a cute bralet, a midi skirt, my leather jacket (I know it's not new but I really can't be without it!) a Marina Diamandis pink lip, Benefit Smokin' Eye, simple earrings and a pair of super-high, sky-scraping velvet heels!





gabriellasofia: Sounds lush! Well, I'm sure you'll be looking fit if your fashion-history so far is anything to go by! Keep up the good work, Meewps :)
ameliaelsie: Thanks!

She's a sweet in person as in pictures!

If you know a Who's THAT Girl? worthy chick, then let me know! Who knows... maybe next month, even you could be THAT girl :) Let me know what you think of Amelia Elsie, what's your favorite outfit she's rocking? Thanks for reading!

gabriellasofia









1 comment:

  1. Haha, I'll tell her you said so! I like your blog :) If you like mine, please follow! x

    ReplyDelete