Thursday 30 August 2012

Review: benefit Triple Performing Facial Emulsion...

I have been hunting for new products to add to my clearly WRONG skincare routine recently, so I was very excited when I received this little benefit sample in the post. I have always loved benefit cosmetics with a fiery passion, but this was the first time I ever tried one of their skincare products...


I love the word 'Emulsion'. I don't know why, it just sounds really gooey and cool. Anyway, the benefit Triple Performing Facial Emulsion is an oil-free formula (which I expected to be fab on me as I get unsightly breakouts occasionally) which hydrates, protects and comforts the skin whilst also offering an SPF of 15. 

I found the formula to be very thin when I squirted a little out on my hand. It almost ran straight off! When I applied it to my face, I soon realized that a little goes a very long way with this product. I found it to be very lightweight while it was on. However, I found throughout the day that my skin looked really quite greasy and my battle throughout the day to keep my face looking matte worked only to make the layer-upon-layer of powder foundation I had applied appear cakey and gross. 


On the other hand, I used this product before bed one night and found that it worked perfectly as a hydrating overnight mask as I woke up in the morning with the smoothest skin ever. Of course I had to cleanse the residue from my face in the morning, but what was left beneath was the loveliest butter soft skin that I think I've ever experienced! I have only just run out of this product after about a week and a half of using it (which just goes to show how your £19.50 stretches in the value for money) and as soon as I get paid I am investing in this as an overnight face cream. That said, I would not advise using this as a daytime cream in spite of the fact that the SPF properties are no use at night, I just don't think it is worth it considering the amount of powder I used that day... However, everyone's skin is different, so maybe try popping into benefit and asking for a sample to see how you get on?

Have you tried any of the benefit skincare line yet? Do you know of any cheaper alternatives to benefit's Facial Emulsion? What do you think about benefit branching into skincare?

Love and kisses
GabriellaSofia
x

2 comments:

  1. I would never have thought of Benefit as a go to brand for skincare however after reading this I may have to check their range out x

    http://thenailroombykate.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't tried the rest of their range yet... Re-reading this post has reminded me to put it on my wishlist for this year! Thanks for your comment, I'm sorry it took me so long to reply.
      Love
      GabriellaSofia
      x

      Delete