Wednesday 15 August 2012

Social Networking 101: Blogging Inspiration #1


This is a list of my Blog Idols or Blog Crushes... Blogs that make me cringe with jealousy that they are so professional, interesting and pretty to look at and make me want to do better! There's nothing like a bit of healthy competition, so without much ado I'm going to let you in on my little secrets...

***

I adore...



   So I might be a teensy bit biased seeing as the blogger is my bestie Victoria Measures, but this blog is really great to while my spare minutes away browsing. She posts hundreds of pretty photos each month, writes about people that inspire her and gives updates on her day-to-day life including fashion hauls, competition wins and DIY craft products. She's One To Watch if you ask me, so head over there and take a look!


Fleur has a great blog but the real 'win' of her work in my opinion are her YouTube channels. She posts frequent fashion hauls, make-up and nail tutorials and beauty reviews really frequently at her Main Channel and I often watch them early in the mornings during breakfast or something. Fleur has such a nice conversational style that her videos are really easy to watch! Plus, if like me you are uber-nosy then Fleur has a great Vlog About Her Personal Life too! Here's just one example...



Elle and Blair

These two sisters were the girls that got me into blogging and vlogging! Elle, the older sister, started making videos of herself in her bedroom years ago with an average camera and minimal editing. She got her sister involved and now they both have a couple of channels each, as well as their website where not only do they post features on beauty products, fashion brands and competitions they're loving, but readers can also talk to each other on their forums and shop tons of girly essentials in their online store Glitzy Glam. Elle posts great haul videos like this;


And Blair is the BEST at make-up tutorials;


I wish I was a Fowler girl!


This is one of the most beautiful 'real life' girls I've ever seen (meaning she's not a famous super-model, actress or musician) AND she has the most amazing clothes collection I've ever seen. I would kill for just five minutes in her wardrobe, no joke! If I'm ever lacking in a bit of fashion inspiration, I know I can head over to her page and 'borrow' one of her looks with my own clothes and look classy, sexy and chic all at once. She's my ultimate, go-to, blogging, fashion idol. Be prepared for the lushness.

AndreasChoice

This is another video blogger who I like checking out on one of those days where I'm exhausted and just want to spend the day in bed under the duvet getting ideas to make me look hot! Of course, Andrea's videos are perfect for this as she's extremely gorgeous in a very natural way :) Furthermore, she's absolutely hilarious and never fails to make me smile. She has really clever ideas about home remedies for lots of different problems that girls might have... Dark underarms? Acne scars? Various uses for salt? AndreasChoice has you covered! As if that's not enough, she's really nice too and Tweets, comments and emails back as often as possible.



Sarah is a jewelry designer and blogger which I love above all others (apart from those in this list which naturally I love equally!) Her jewelry is so cool and unusual in lots of cute little styles. My favourite piece in her collection is this little bird cage necklace, but sadly it sold out before I had times to get my hands on it! The pieces are very reasonably priced and so many people would compliment your bling if you were wearing Temporary Secretary. A busy bee, Sarah's blog is awesome too to the extent where she actually won Look magazines prestigious blog competition. As with Andrea, Sarah is really sweet and she is always happy to answer comments and Tweets if my experience is anything to go by. Seriously one worth following.

***

So, those are my top favourite bloggers and vloggers so far! I literally find new favourites every day, so if you think I'm seriously missing out on one which you think I would love as much as the ones listed above then let me know... It's quite a challenge though! I seriously believe in sharing the love and congratulating girls (or guys) on their blogs when they're doing a great job, because even with my few viewers I know how much work goes into a blog. So, well done ladies!

I advise all readers to click on the above links and rate, comment, like, follow and subscribe to them... I promise, your fashion sense, beauty regime and lifestyle will thank you for it :)

Love
gabriellasofia
x

8 comments:

  1. Snazzy new blog!! Thanks for putting me in here! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries :) Any time bubzey-cats.
      Love
      GabriellaSofia
      x

      Delete
  2. Love Temporary Secretary. - her blog us fab and she seems like such a genuinely sweet girl! Will check out a couple of the others I haven't read X x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that Temporary Secretary always replies to comments and seems really accessible for such a big blogger. She really is a lovely girl. Hope you enjoy the others!
      Love
      GabriellaSofia
      x

      Delete
  3. Thank you do much for the shout out, Miss G! Hope the blog makeover wasn't too stressful, I always get stressy over technical work! I could cry at the sight of HTML! Keep up the fab job - will be back to visit your blog again soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you baby! Oooh man, I pulled out most of my hair whilst struggling through all the HTML and its still not looking how I want it to, but I don't know how to fix the problems so for now, this is how I'm staying. Hope you enjoy whatever you see :)
      Love
      GabriellaSofia
      x

      Delete
  4. These are some fab choices - I could never choose such a concise list of fav blogs! x
    Island Girl Insights ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it was really hard! Those are the ones that first inspired me to be honest. There are tons of others I have loved since :)
      Love
      GabriellaSofia
      x

      Delete