Wednesday 22 August 2012

What I've Been Listening To: Emilio Pinchi


Ok, firstly what I want you to do, is right click on THIS LINK and click 'open in new tab'. Now, go into that new tab, scroll down and find the song called, 'Slow Down'. Click the play button, then head back here. Done? Fantastic. You are now listening to the musical stylings of the lovely Emilio Pinchi. 

I met Emilio back in Easter at my dad's local music festival, HippyHaze. I stood at the side of the stage while he wowed the audience with his acoustic guitar and mellow vocals and I was hooked. Since then I've seen him perform buckets of times and it literally never gets old. Just last Friday I saw Emilio support another of my favorite local acts, Sea Based Turtles, and afterwards he slipped me a free copy of his most recent EP the artwork of which is the same as the photo above. Very eye catching, right? 

*Me and my friends at HippyHaze having a fantastic time... spot Vikki from Victoria's Vintage on the top row second from the left. And my cutie little cousin sat on my lap!*

The EP is called Popular Myth and Conflict and is one of the most emotional EPs I've listened to in a long time. With songs inspired by heartbreak everyone can relate to Emilio's music and its just so relaxing to hear that I literally haven't played anything else in days! I like that Emilio sounds kind of like a cross between Ed Sheeran and Noel Gallagher with an added bit of his own style to top it all off. 

Emilio plays in locations all over the place, so go like his facebook page and find out when he's coming to a venue near you! In other news, Emilio will be playing at my dad's newest event around Halloween time. The event will run from the 26th of October until the 28th and is entitled, Hippy Horror. I'm looking into inviting a big old bunch of bloggers to come along, so if you'd be interested in an awesome Halloween meet where you can camp for the night with a bunch of sexy musicians, or even stay for the whole weekend, leave your email in the comments below and I'll send an email round with ticket prices very soon. 

*The beautiful Emilio*

Have you ever been into going to local gigs? Do you support any local musicians? Would you be interested in a Halloween-themed music festival meet for Midlands based bloggers? Its just something different, isn't it?

Love and kisses
GabriellaSofia
x


*** Twitter *** YouTube *** Pinterest *** Facebook *** LinkedIn ***

No comments:

Post a Comment