Tuesday 12 February 2013

Daniel Sandler Perfect Canvas Foundation Review

Although it is slow moving, I AM still planning on setting up my own business this year (as laid-out in my New Years' Resolution post) and unsurprisingly, it will involve makeup! So, I've been trying out a few different brands which I wouldn't normally have purchased from and Daniel Sandler has been one of them. If you don't know about Daniel Sandler then you're missing out, because he is a top makeup artist with his own line of makeup products which are every blogger's dream! His Watercolour Blushes are currently on most bloggers' must-buy lists if not already a much-loved product in their makeup kit. I'm yet to purchase one, but they're on the top of my list for when I get back from my travels...

Anyway, I decided to buy a variety of foundation colours to try out and thankfully, Daniel Sandler's website was offering these little 15ml pots for just £2.50 from £9.50! What a bargain eh? I've only photographed seven, but I actually bought eight... the eighth is in my makeup bag as I am absolutely in love with it.

*I purchased shades 20, 17, 14, 10, 8 (not shown), 7, 6 and 4*


*This is the swatch of 4, 6, 7 and 10. As you can see, the four is quite yellow toned and really intended for the palest of pale Snowy White complexions. The 6 and 7 are much more peachy based colours and I find the 7 looks a lot darker in a swatch than you would expect. The 10 is what would be my colour when I'm tanned I think, although we'll have to see when I get back from Thailand!*

*I blended the colours out a little more so you can see just how much a little goes a long way! Again, the 10 looks like the colour I would lean towards when tanned and the 7 looks too pale for me now, so I've been wearing the 8 recently, will probably be about a 9 when I'm abroad and will hopefully be perfect for the 10 when I'm back*

*The colours blend out really quite well. Obviously, the two paler colours look the best match in these photos, because I've swatched then on the ultimate palest part of skin I own!*

I bought the next few shades for costume makeup and also for any clients with darker skin tones. They have the most amazing pigmentation and are so creamy.

*Shades 14, 17 and 20 are just beautiful. I think that my sister falls into the 14 bracket when she is her most tanned. I have experimented a little with each of the colours I bought in terms of mixing and they blend together brilliantly*

*The colours leave such a fantastic stain which I have found to last all day... no worn-off-foundation-pale-face (a pet hate of mine)*

 *Even though these are totally not my colour, I was amazed by how naturally these three blended out on my wrist... Daniel Sandler really does have a colour for everyone*

I have been wearing Shade 8 for a couple of weeks now and find it is absolutely brilliant. You only need the tiniest bit of product with a good brush (preferably a stippling brush) and you have a natural-looking, but very forgiving, amount of coverage. On the skin it feels light and appears matte without the need for powder which is exactly what I look for in a foundation. Plus, there is such a wide range of colours that there really is something for everyone. My only niggle with the Daniel Sandler Perfect Canvas foundation is the packaging... I feel that I sometimes squeeze a little too much product out of the bottle. I tend to prefer potted foundations or a squeezy tube alternative. However, the quality of this product more than makes up for the lack of dispensing control. I would definitely recommend these Daniel Sandler Perfect Canvas foundations.

Have you ever bought a Daniel Sandler product? What is one of your favorite makeup artist branded cosmetics lines? What sort of packaging do you prefer foundations to be in?

Love and snuggles
GabriellaSofia
x

5 comments:

  1. I've never tried this or any other of his before but these do look interesting I have to say... :)

    Great post :)

    Siobhan xxxx

    www.glitter-x-couture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow they look great, such a good price too!
    Carissa xx
    Vanilla Crush Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw them on the website for that bargain price and regret not buying it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just been catching up on your posts after a bit of a blogging break. Seems like you've been up to loads! Good luck with you're plans to be a mua!

    Jen@www.whatjennadidnext.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your swatches were really helpful, thank you! The choice of shades are brilliant and at the sale price why not!

    ReplyDelete