Saturday 5 January 2013

GabriellaSofia's 2012 Holy Grail of Beauty... Part 4

Welcome back for the fourth and final instalment of Hautefuture's Beauty Awards or my 2012 Holy Grail of Beauty. So let's get on with it...



***

Cleanser...

In First Place... Liz Earle's Hot Cloth Cleanser is winner for 2012. It is really gentle whilst simultaneously exfoliating my skin and opening up my pores. The best way to wash my face in 2012 was with this genius product.
Must Buy In 2013... I really want to try some Origins skincare and they do a foaming wash which is my kind of thing. Also, I want to invest in a Clarisonic Mia... or a cheaper alternative. Does anyone know of a cheap version I can buy?



Toner...

In First Place... The Liz Earle Skin Tonic is a brilliant toner which removes any last traces of makeup from my face after my Hot Cloth Cleanser and closes my clean pores after a cleanse. Plus, it doesn't smell of alcohol like some toners!
In My Bad Books... I absolutely CAN'T STAND the Clinique Clarifying Lotion. The smell of alcohol is so strong it makes my eyes water and nose hurt. Also, it stings when I wipe it on my face and leaves me with a terrible raw-skin rash. Definitely not a fan.


Moisturiser...

In First Place... It is a tie between Liz Earle's Superskin Moisturiser and Estee Lauder's DayWear Moisturiser which I think are basically identical to one another!
In My Bad Books... Thea's Perfect Me Moisturiser was really not nice for me... It smelt like tea and curry. I don't want my face to smell that way!
Must Buy In 2013... Origins have a gel-like moisturiser which I have sampled before and LOVED. It is called Make a Difference +Treatment and its on my list for the 2013.


Serum...

In First Place... I'm going to be boring and say that without a doubt, the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum is gorgeous. I only have a little sample pot though, so I want to buy it in full sized in 2013.
Honourable Mention Goes To... Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour Skin Protectant is a beautiful night time serum which perfects my skin overnight. It leaves a bit of a weird residue in the morning though, so needs rinsing off. Also, I've been really enjoying Bio Oil used as a serum recently as it has been clearing up any old spot scarring and hydrates the dry patches on my face.
Must Buy In 2013... Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair and Estee Lauder's Advanced Day Repair serums. Yes please.

And now for the Big One...


My Top Five Beauty Brands of 2012 are...

5) Benefit - For me, Benefit have had some hits and some misses this year. However, their hits far out-weight their misses, which is why they made my top five.
4) Trevor Sorbie - This is one brand which seems to finally understand my hair and be able to tame it like I've always wanted. No mean feat.
3) Royal and Langnickel - Being confident enough in your brand to give out whole sets for free earns a lot of respect from me. It is understandable that the brand trust people will buy in the future... the quality of the their brushes speaks for itself!
2) Urban Decay - The eye shadows make Urban Decay a no-brainer in my top five beauty brands. Their packaging, quality and company ethics really make this brand stand out.

And in first place...

1) Revlon - The lip butters, mascara and lip stains have raised Revlon a real cut above the rest!

***

So there you have it, my beauty favourites of 2012 have been named and now there is nothing left to do but purchase the items from my wishlist and make 2013 an even better year. On that note...

Does anyone know of a cheaper alternative to the Clarisonic Mia? Have you ever tried any Origins skincare products? What is your favourite beauty brand of 2012?

Love and snuggles
GabriellaSofia
x

8 comments:

  1. I think i saw a cheap alternative to the clarisonic on the sunday girls blog a while ago so that's worth a look!

    Zoe | zozeze.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss I think it was the Sonicleanse, but I think even that is too expensive at the moment :( I need to get a face brush first... apparently they have them for just £4 at The Body Shop, so I'll see how I go with that before investing.
      Love
      GabriellaSofia
      x

      Delete
  2. Rio do the sonicleanse which is a cheaper alternative to the clarisonc :) I use origins drink up mask and on the spot treatment which I love - fab products xxx great post urbane decay and benefit are Fabby :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been using my Origins products which I recently got some samples of and I adore them! Going to be writing a review soon.
      Love
      GabriellaSofia
      x

      Delete
  3. Great post! Made me want to try Liz Earle even more!

    Totally agree about Revlon! Such a great brand :)

    Sarah x
    http://somesparkleandshine.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz Earle should DEFINITELY be on your list for this year! You won't regret it :) I'm glad someone agrees about Revlon! They really deserved a BIG UP :)
      Love
      GabriellaSofia
      x

      Delete
  4. I had to have the revlon lip butters in my 2012 favourite product too! they're such a great product!
    hareem xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They just keep my lips so hydrated, whilst adding such a great pigment.
      Love
      GabriellaSofia
      x

      Delete