Thursday 17 January 2013

How To Use Up Skincare Samples...

I'm forever receiving tiny skincare samples from fab companies in the post, but without sounding ungrateful, they clutter up my room something rotten! This doesn't usually bother me unless I know that each of the samples are right towards the end of their use... they don't have much product remaining in the tube and I am struggling to squeeze the remains out. So what do I do? Create a SUPER-PRODUCT, that's what!


I had a couple of empty pots left over from previous products, so I washed them out and decanted a mixture of products into them. My favorite pot at the moment has the products above in it and it is currently working wonders for my skin!



Inside the pot are the following products:

L'Oreal Youth Code Eye Cream
No7 Protect and Perfect Intense Day Cream
No7 Protect and Perfect Beauty Serum
Clarins Daily Energizer Wake-Up Booster
Dior Wrinkle Correction Eye Cream
Dermalogica Age Smart Multi-Vitamin Power Firm
Balance Me Rose Otto Intensive Lip Salve

I know it is probably a bit weird to use lip salve in a facial moisturiser, but I love the balmy texture it has given my cream. It feels as if it helps the products to penetrate deeper. I like to use this mixture in the mornings about thirty minutes before I start my makeup routine so it gives the cream time to sink into my skin. After half an hour, I get a tissue and blot off any of the excess oil the cream has left as a residue on my skin. And that's it!

I'm really into making super-products with my favorite bits and bobs at the moment. I've done the same with a variety of scented body moisturisers and also with some leftover foundations, BB Creams and tinted moisturisers. It is a great way of using products up and really getting the most out of them all without having all of the different containers taking up all of my space.

The key is to choose products which complement each other... Day creams will go well with brightening toners. Wrinkle creams suit eye creams. I would even consider putting leftovers of a primer in with lip balms, because they both work to prepare and moisturise in advance of further products! So give it a go :) You might find an absolutely incredible mix which could be the end to all your skincare woes.

Have you ever mixed your products all up like this? Which products would you use to create a super-moisturiser? Do you have any other ideas for using up the last bits of skincare products?

Love and snuggles
GabriellaSofia
x

4 comments:

  1. Such a great idea , would love to recieve bits in the post to try. Great use of left ver products xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you've found it a useful post :) It definitely helped me to tidy up my bedroom, that's for sure!
      Love
      GabriellaSofia
      x

      Delete
  2. This is a really awesome idea! And definitely one I've never thought of - you might hit on the absolute perfect product tailored just to you! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its made me so happy having all of my favorite minis all in one pot, mixed up! Let me know how you get on with making up your own super-skincare.
      Love
      GabriellaSofia
      x

      Delete