Friday 30 November 2012

Getting the Most From A Powder When You've Hit Pan

There are numerous terrible things about hitting pan on your favorite powder beauty products... the three worst are:

1) Knowing that your product is running out and that you're going to have to spend money on a replacement
2) Wondering whether you will even be able to find the same item in store because beauty companies just love discontinuing desirable items for some reason
3) Not being able to access the product as you used to with a normal powder brush

These were my thoughts exactly when I spotted the silver circle beginning to grow in the bottom of my pink Coralista box blush by benefit. Rather than crying and throwing all of my toys out of the pram though, I decided to make the most of my remaining product by turning it into a loose powder (which usually has better colour pay-off than baked powders in my opinion anyway) and re-potting it into a little container which I actually managed to get free from benefit once with a foundation sample in it. Here's how I did it...

*Step 1: I took the boxed powder and a blusher brush*




*Step 2: I cried for a little while when I saw my reflection in the bottom of my favourite blush*

*Step 3: I started to pound away at it, grinding the powder down with the rounded handle of my blusher brush*

*Step 4: I began tipping the product into the little container I had spare*

I know its not rocket science, but I thought I'd share this idea with you as I genuinely have seen a big improvement in the pigmentation of this product since grinding it to loose powder. Usually I would have continued swirling my brush around the pan in a desperate attempt to grab product from the inner corners of the box, but this way I don't have to be frustrated. Epic win.

Have you got any ideas for getting better colour pay-off out of your products? Have you ever used this grinding technique? Do you have any idea how I can make the most of the tiny last bit of foundation in my squeezy tube? I just can't get it out for the life of me!

Love and snuggles
GabriellaSofia
x

No comments:

Post a Comment