Monday 12 November 2012

Style Icon: Mona Lisa Vito

Helloooooo-ha!


First things first, have you ever watched the 1992 comedy film My Cousin Vinny? If the answer to this is no, then quick, hurry. Download it onto your laptop and be prepared for your sides to split over good, clean, comedy (bar the odd 'effword'). Now, aside from the hilarity of this film, another top reason to watch My Cousin Vinny is my ultimate number one girl crush of all time, Marisa Tomei as Mona Lisa Vito.


Her attitude, her eyebrows, her outfits... what is not to love? Mona Lisa Vito is a New York Italian chick with leathers, velvets and skin-tight cottons as her go to fabrics which could not be better for this chilly autumn-winter. Plus, Mona Lisa Vito, like me, is almost always over-dressed, so I think I could wear her look quite well as a similarly dark-haired feminist. 

*A modern day version of this would have a black bodycon skirt and sky high black wedges; monochrome shoulder-pad jacket non-optional!* 

*Check out the shades and hoop earrings. This woman seriously knows how to accesorize.*

*A bright red blazer, matching lipstick and larger than life roses surrounding her neck down into her cleavage is so Mona Lisa Vito! Just throw in a kick-ass facial expression and you have my heroine. Love Love Love.*

*I want this jumpsuit... and the body to go with it please.*

Isn't her hair great? I desperately want a white streak through my own hair now...*

*Even in her jimjams Mona Lisa looks beautiful... Lip stain, mascara and dark eyebrow pencil are probably all that is needed to look as attractive as Mona Lisa Vito... I wish.*

Luckily, I've realized that the best place on the high street (also known as a little place called Topshop) has tons of items which would contribute to a Mona Lisa Vito look... Now all I have to do is save for the following pieces:

Pinned Image

£89 Ombre Faux Mongolian Coat 

Pinned Image

£26 Lace Roll Neck Crop Top

Pinned Image

£85 Baroque Skinny Jeans...

Pinned Image

£10 Skinny Polo Crop... 

Pinned Image

£80 Embellished Boots...

Pinned Image

£65 Fringe Devore Kimono

Pinned Image

£180 Limited Edition Embellished Bodycon Dress...

Pinned Image

£8 Lips in Beguiled...

Pinned Image

£180 Cross Embroidered Biker Jacket...

Who is your autumn-winter style crush at the moment? Have you ever seen My Cousin Vinny before? Which of these pieces is your absolute favorite? The embellished boots are the top of my to-buy list at the moment!

Love and snuggles
GabriellaSofia
x

2 comments:

  1. I completely love this post! I love that movie too, that girl's style will never get old. Timeless x

    http://crystalcosmicchic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I really want to see Parental Guidance as she's in that... It would be cool to see how she's changed over the years. Her dress sense will never been as fab as Mona Lisa's again though.
      Love
      GabriellaSofia
      x

      Delete