Thursday 8 November 2012

Now THAT is what a Mexican Wedding Looks Like!

Hello Reader!

Ooof I've been so busy these past couple of weeks... There was my dad's festival, my boyfriend's dad visited from France AND I had a wedding to attend. I'm just about awake, so I figured I'd make the most of this tiny shred of energy and do a quick blog post about my lovely friend Adriana's wedding.

Adriana and I met in the first year of uni when I asked her how to operate the washing machine. Upon noticing she had a bit of an accent I learned that she was Mexican so I automatically knew she was cool enough to be friends with me :P I've never looked back! Adriana has to be one of the sweetest, down-to-earth ladies I know and she has the best smile ever. I was so happy to hear that what had once been a long distance relationship between her and her boyfriend Tom would soon become a marriage. Naturally, I was invited to be her bridesmaid and even more naturally, I accepted.

*Our dresses were from Warehouse on the sale... They were really quite flattering for the body types of each of us bridesmaids, even if I say so myself!*

*I did the make-up for each of us bridesmaids. It has reminded me exactly why I want to work with makeup*

*As you can see, the bride looked beautiful. Her dress was inspired by the dress which Belle wears in Beauty an the Beast. Adriana was a amazing enough for full-on Disney potential*

The wedding decorations were inspired by the day of the year. The wedding fell right around the Day of the Dead festival which takes place in Mexico so the decorations were fiesta-themed with skulls and multi-colours everywhere. I loved it!

*L is for the way you Look at meeeeeeeee, O is for the Only One I seeeeeeeee, V is Very Very extraordinary, E is Even more than anyone that you adore...*

*The bride herself made this lovely seating plan*

*There was a sweetie table, complete with Mexican pinatas!*

*I just loved the shiny bows on the backs of the chairs*

*Its funny how even the simplest things can make the room look so fantastic... these sheets of tissue paper had the most beautifully detailed cut-outs*

*Its my name!*

*The cake had four tiers... Victoria sponge, lemon cake, chocolate cake and, oddly enough, a pork pie! It turns out the groom hates cake but loves pork so the bride sacrificed a whole sweet tier just so he could have his savoury pie. If that's not love, I don't know what is.*

*One half of the room during the wedding breakfast...*

*Goats cheese with sweet onion relish on garlic toast*

*A roast beef dinner, complete with Yorkshire pudding and horseradish sauce*

*Bread and butter pudding with custard... the best thing about the pudding was that they had skipped the currants, which made my life worth living as I HATE currants and raisin-y type things*

*Yes, I robbed the groom's hat*

*And finally, the happy couple!*

The wedding was a great success and it was such a lovely intimate affair. The speech which Adriana gave brought a tear to my eye and One Thousand Years by Christina Perri will forever be the song which will remind me of Adriana and Tom's special day. I wish them both happiness for the rest of their lives and thank them a million times over for letting me be a part of their wedding.

Would you have any quirky things at your wedding like a pork pie cake? What sort of theme would you have? Don't you think Adriana looks amazing???

Love and snuggles
GabriellaSofia
x

10 comments:

  1. aww this is lovely. Its amazing what little toughes can make a wedding stand out from the crowd. Gorgeous dresses too
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I love weddings like this too as they are just more personal!
      Love
      GabriellaSofia
      x

      Delete
  2. looks like you had lots of fun hahaha probably lots of alcohol hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, I was a little too tipsy if truth be told...
      Love
      GabriellaSofia
      x

      Delete
  3. OMG pork pie cake is such a different touch. Very pretty wedding :) x

    mezmadeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the pork pie idea! It is definitely a unique detail which put a smile on the guests' faces.
      Love
      GabriellaSofia
      x

      Delete
  4. Aww Gabby, thank you so much for this post. Not only for your beautiful words but also because this is a great summ up that I can keep as a memory of the day. Will definetely share. It was lovely to have you and I'm so happy you had a good time.

    Must meet again soon, loads of love,
    Adriana
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for having me Adri :) It means the world.
      Love you
      GabriellaSofia
      x

      Delete